The movie was directed by Rob Reiner, who is a great director, and has some really good movies under his belt.
I'm not going to give anything away because if you have not seen it, you really should and I'm hoping you'll take my advice, however, anyone who has heard of the movie knows that they make a list of things they want to do before they die, which they call, The Bucket List - before they "kick the bucket".
I have a list that I started a few years ago like this but I didn't call it a bucket list. That sounds kind of morbid to me, but since I saw the movie, I have changed mine to a bucket list also. I'd like to share my bucket list with you today. There is no order to this list, it's just numbered for neatness. These are all things that I really intend to do before my time is up. I'm 42 now, so I better get busy . . .
1. Learn to play the piano. I've always pictured myself sitting at a piano at Christmastime while my family is gathered around and we're all singing Christmas Carols while I provide the beautiful piano music to sing by.
2. Learn to read music. This may go along with the first one but you really don't have to be able to do one without the other. I love music and would just like to know more about it. When I was in the choir, I used to look at the music at practice and long to actually be able to read it. You don't have to read music to sing, but I do think it helps.
3. Learn to make balloon animals. It just looks like a fun thing to be able to do. I can see myself getting a part-time job at Margaritaville, in Destin where I go around the restaurant making balloon animal hats and such for kids. My mom actually bought me a balloon animal-making kit for Christmas, I was too distracted to make any animals back at Christmas, but I plan to pick those studies back up very soon.
4. Own a Mustang - the car, not the horse. Mustangs are my favorite cars of all time. I really love the 1965 but the ones on the road today are really great-looking too.
5. Learn to juggle. Another fun thing to be able to do, I would think. I already have some juggling balls, and a friend at work tries to teach me ever so often. One day soon, I'm gonna be able to mark this one off the list!
6. Vacation in Hawaii.
7. To have every episode of I Love Lucy. Believe it or not, I do not have all the episodes.
This is a very small list right now, but I think long and hard about this stuff and am constantly adding.
Please let me know if you saw the movie and what your thoughts were about it.