Thursday, June 25, 2009

Keepin On Smilin

Today, in spite of the tragic losses of two icons from my teen years, was a good day. I was able to visit my friend, Butch,who is recovering from a stroke (I posted about him yesterday). I was absolutely elated when I left his room today. He has made remarkable progress just since Tuesday! He was talking more than I've heard since the stroke, and he actually moved his right arm and held it tight when I tried to move it. I am just so excited and so grateful to God for this wonderful answer to many prayers from many of his friends. Butch also dismissed me today and said, "bye" in the middle of my visit. I guess I was getting on his nerves because I was trying to talk to him and I think he was tired.

I was concerned about the possibility that he might be neglected in the nursing home, but today when I got there, his therapist was in his room working with him. I was so excited and when she was finished, I talked to her and she assured me that he was improving and doing just fine. She also told me that she comes in and works with him twice a day. YAY!!!

This makes me so very happy and I just wanted to share this.

Later,
Denise

2 comments:

Gina said...

I'm glad that your friend is doing well. Good to see you back in blogland. :)

much2ponder said...

This is good news Denise. No doubt your visits in addition to the prayers you and others have prayed are doing wonders for Butch. I will continue to pray for full recovery and look forward to another update soon. If I don't get back here right away, please pop over to my blog and let me know how he is doing. I don't post as much in the summer, but still get messages in my e-mail and blog. Love to you