Friday, December 5, 2008

A Sad, Sad Day

I'm very sad today because my best friend, Yvette, became a victim of this nightmare, called the economy that we are all in now. She was fired/laid off due to downsizing. She was absolutely shocked and never saw it coming. At 10:30, she was called in the office and given the news, and told to leave. She will not receive any severance pay and will get her last check next Friday. She's a single mom and has a pretty rough time of it already. Why does this seem to happen right at the holidays so much of the time? I guess because it's the end of the year, but still . .


I would think that here in the United States of America working people would be protected from this kind of thing; if nothing else to be given a little notice, or a month's pay. I guess she will be eligible for Unemployment. I hope it starts very soon. She worked for a very small company. Maybe they do this more often that larger companies. Who knows?

Please keep Yvette in your prayers.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend. See you next week.

Denise

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your friend, Denise. I will say a prayer for her.
It's never a good time, but it is especially difficult at the holidays.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend too!

Much love,
Amy:)

Tina said...

Oh my goodness...I hate to hear that about Yvette.

It's happening all over the place...my dad has been out of work since August...

I will pray!
Tina

Karma said...

Oh, dear. I am SO sorry to hear this! Everyone is suffering from this economy, I'm sure! Please know that my prayers are with your family and hers and anyone else's out there who needs it. I feel so sorry.

Mia said...

Oh Denise! Here I was whining about our problems and your sweet friend lost her job. Yvette is now on my prayer list. I hate that this has happened right before Christmas. : (
This economy is going to hit us all before too long.

Smiling Shelly said...

Oh my! I'm so sorry to hear that about Yvette. Please let her know that I'm praying for her. Tell her to try to stay positive - everything happens for a reason.

God Bless!!